Monday, October 13, 2008

More fear

So the opthalmologist finally called me back at the end of the day and I got to ask him all the questions I could think of, which weren't many. I am still royally pissed at him. I had to practically drag information out of him. I understand that he is just an opthalmologist and not a neurologist or a neurosurgeon, but he's all I've got right now, and even though he doesn't want to be pinned down to any definitive statement, he's got to give me something to go on for now if I have to wait a whole month before I can learn more.

On the other hand, I've had the whole weekend to kind of come to terms with the initial shock and start educating myself on the subject a little bit. If we had been sitting face to face in his office on Friday when he told me the news I probably wouldn't have been able to come up with as many questions as I did this evening.

On the other hand, one of the things I found out was that since my carotid artery is involved, I shouldn't engage in any strenuous exercise, such as weight lifting. Wasn't it this guy's responsibility as a doctor to tell me that right off the bat? For all he knew, I could have been doing weight lifting all along! I could have had a stroke!

Yeah, I am still plenty pissed at this guy! Wait'll I tell Dr. Ma and the colleague with expertise about it!

No comments: