Friday, October 17, 2008

Getting paranoid

I woke up with a terrible pain in my left hip, like I'd pulled a muscle or something. I thought maybe I slept on it funny. I did some stretches, but it didn't help. I called in sick ("stomach upset - I'll be in as soon as it clears up" I lied) and went back to bed, sleeping carefully flat on my back to give this hip thing, whatever it is, a chance to straighten itself out. I woke up two hours later with it aching worse than before.

Oh no, they said it was benign but maybe not and oh no it's metastized already, it's bone cancer, it's everywhere, I'm gonna die.

I thought I was scared of every ache and pain those ten years that I spent with no health insurance. That was nothing compared to how scared I am now.

----------------------

The pain went away a few days later.

No comments: