Friday, November 28, 2008

Fear? No fear? Fear? No fear?

So when I'm feeling fine (and complacent?) am I being brave or head-in-the-sand? Am I "ill"? I have a golfball-sized benign brain tumor wrapped around my right optic nerve and right internal carotid artery. If I doubt that, all I have to do is close my right eye. Yup, there it is. Sometimes bigger, sometimes smaller, blank fuzzy gray blind spot. That's my "benign" brain tumor, choking off my right optic nerve. But other than that I feel fine!!! Denial takes hold. Friends and relatives worry and ask me "How do you feel?" I feel FINE. Fine, I tell you! Just fine!

It's so weird. Here I am with this big scary diagnosis. But I feel fine. Really. I do. I feel fine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HERE you are! I had been wondering what you are up to.

Nogrinnin said...

Yeah, here I am. Hi.